Michael K. Williams, CPA
- Super Lawyer, 2019
- Florida Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- SBRN - Small Business Resource Network
- Northeast Florida Estate Planning Council
Karel Ourednik IV, Esq.
Mr. Ourednik has been the president of Ourednik Law Offices, P.A. since 2003. You will often find Mr. Ourednik meeting with clients at their businesses and medical practices.
Mr. Ourednik assist clients in many areas, include tax planning and controversy, business and corporate law issues, asset protection and estate planning and Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Law.
For Mr. Ourednik, the motto has always been "clients come first." When representing a client, he makes every effort to help work through his clients' legal issues. Mr. Ourednik personally speaks with clients both in client conference and during telephone conferences. You won’t be shuffled off to a secretary or paralegal.
If your legal issue is outside the scope of our practice areas, Mr. Ourednik will refer you to other experienced lawyers who can better handle your case.
- Asset Protection
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Tax Law
Education and Experience
- University of Florida with a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.): tax law program consistently ranked number two in the United States.
- Ohio Northern University with a Juris Doctor (J.D.): received Dean’s list honors and the CALI Excellence for the Future Award.
- State University of New York with a Master of Science in Industrial Technology.
- Brock University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
- Full time doctrinal Assistant Professor of Law – Florida Coastal School of Law – Courses taught included first year Property Law and Federal Income Taxation (2008-2009).
- Adjunct Professor of Law Florida Coastal School of Law Federal Income Taxation (Fall 2006 to Present).
- Instructor – AAA Construction School Lecture on business, estate planning and asset protection issues for Florida contractors and business owners (2006 and 2007).
- Small Business Resource Network Legal Network – 2013 Chairperson. (Small Business Development Center – University of North Florida).
- Panelist on the Florida Real Property, Trust and Probate Section of the Florida Bar Association, Liaison with Law Students (2004 and 2005).
- Guest lecturer on the topics of business entity selection and the Florida limited liability company at Florida Coastal School of Law Institute of General Practice (Spring 2005).
- Speaker at the Estate Planning Seminar in Ponte Vedra Beach, topics related to understanding the probate process in Florida (October 2004).
- The Laws and Rules Governing Trustees, Non-Monetary Aspects of Trust Administration and Keeping the Books – Accounting in Trust Administration, in Fundamentals of Trust Administration (National Business Institute 2012).
- Overview and General Issues: Florida Trust Code Parts I, II, and III, in New Trust Code Law (Lorman Education Services 2008).
- Creation, Validity, Modification, and Termination of Trust, in New Trust Code Law (Lorman Education Services 2008).
- Multidisciplinary Practice and Professional Responsibility after Enron, FLORIDA COASTAL LAW JOURNAL (Spring 2003).
- Comparative Study of Air and Water Pollution Levels in the Metal Fabrication, Pulp and Paper and Petrochemical Industries (Spring 1994).
Relevant Past Experience:
- Tax, business and estate planning attorney for one of Gainesville, Florida’s longest continually operating law firms. Owned and managed a construction company for many years.